Since there isn’t any real research about this yet, I decided to do some simple tests of these attributes and got some very interesting results.
According to DHGames,
- When a Hero triggers block, he/she will take 33% less damage from the attack.
- Precision reduces the opponent’s chance of triggering Block.
However, is that all? Is there any hidden maths after this? Let’s find out!
I collected the sample data of normal hit, blocked hit and blocked critical hit via the Friendly Fights in game.
The first test
I used Demon Hunter with the artifact Magic Source to get 6 hits early for testing fast.
At first, after 100 attacks, I didn’t get a single critical hit. It was not possible to get a single critical hit, which wasn’t blocked for 5 of the enemy heroes and for the other it was not possible to get a normal hit, which was blocked.
This inclined that there was a link between block and crit.
The second test
Next, did another test using Vesa (75% block, full tech, using Magic Ball).
Most people would expect that 25% of the crit hits would not be blocked.
However, after doing like 100 tests, it was impossible to get a single critical hit, which was not blocked.
Conclusion – The Link Between Block and Crit
After doing some other tests, I can conclude that:
- [Block] – [Precision] > [Crit]: All Crits will get blocked, Normal Hits can be blocked.
- [Block] – [Precision] < [Crit]: A Crit can be blocked, Normal Hits cannot be blocked.
- [Block] – [Precision] = [Crit]: All Crit will be blocked, Normal Hits can’t be blocked.
Or shorter version:
- If Block – Precision ≥ Crit: The Defender can ALWAYS block every single crit.
- If Block – Precision ≤ Crit: Then Defender can NEVER block a normal hit.
Note: Block is from defender, Precision + Crit are from attacker.
Shared by TrollRakuso