- 5 ⭐
- 6 ⭐
- 10 ⭐
- Flap Dance Active – 3 random enemies take 123% of Attack damage and transfer 9% of their attack for 3 rounds; enemy with the highest HP takes 8% of self total HP burning damage for 2 rounds.
- Unparalleled Brave Passive – Increase HP by 15%, attack by 10% and Critical Chance by 15%.
- Fire of the Soul Passive – 3 random enemies take 75% of Attack damage, decrease Attack by 3% for 1 round and take 2% of self total HP burning damage for 1 round.
- Flame Enchantment Passive – Whenever affected by CC, take 100% of Attack healing for 2 rounds; 3 random enemies take 1% of self total HP burning damage for 1 round.
- Flap Dance Active – 3 random enemies take 147% of Attack damage and transfer 12% of their attack for 3 rounds; enemy with the highest HP takes 13% of self total HP burning damage for 2 rounds.
- Unparalleled Brave Passive – Increase HP by 25%, attack by 15% and Critical Chance by 20%.
- Fire of the Soul Passive – 3 random enemies take 85% of Attack damage, decrease Attack by 6% for 1 round and take 4% of self total HP burning damage for 1 round.
- Flame Enchantment Passive – Whenever affected by CC, take 150% of Attack healing for 1 round; 3 random enemies take 2% of self total HP burning damage for 1 round.
- Flap Dance Active – 3 random enemies take 162% of Attack damage and transfer 15% of their attack for 3 rounds; enemy with the highest HP takes 18% of self total HP burning damage for 2 rounds.
- Unparalleled Brave Passive – Increase HP by 35%, attack by 25% and Critical Chance by 30%.
- Fire of the Soul Passive – 3 random enemies take 95% of Attack damage, decrease Attack by 9% for 1 round and take 6% of self total HP burning damage for 1 round.
- Flame Enchantment Passive – Whenever affected by CC, take 200% of Attack healing for 2 rounds; 3 random enemies take 3% of self total HP burning damage for 1 round.
Idle Heroes Valkyrie In-depth Review (Post Nerf)
Post nerf and after almost 10 review videos, all Pros and Cons of Forest Hero will be explained fully below!
This guide will be separated into Pros/Cons, Stats in Detail, Active/Passive Skills, Stone Gear/Artifact, Slot Position, Comp/Synergy, and PVE!
Before we begin fully breaking Valkyrie down, let me explain what “Max Health” is. It basically means the TOTAL amount of Health she has in the actual fight (combat).
- Well-rounded skill set, powerful damage and utility, accessible, and consistent hero.
- She’ll give a huge power spike to one’s PVP and PVE line up.
- CC Prone, but isn’t heavily punished for being CC.
- One of the highest COMBAT Health Pool (HP) in the game.
- Easy to gear and clear cut gearing path.
- Not crippled by Attack Reduction, Attack Steal.
- Doesn’t need to sacrifice offensive for defensive stats and vice versa.
- Majority of her damage, Damage over Time (DoT), ignores opponent heroes’ Armor, Damage Reduction.
- Attack Steal (3 Rounds) AND Attack Reduce (1 Round)
- Very few counters.
- Her DoT damage isn’t affected by +damage stats like; Holy Damage, Class Damage, Crit, Attack, Armor Break
- Her DoT damage isn’t affected by Weaken Debuff from Kroos or Heart Watcher.
Stats in Detail
First and foremost, is Valkyrie’s HP. This is her go-to for survival and damage. Yes, her damage!
The higher her HP during combat, the higher her main source of damage (DoT).
While other heroes, like Faith Blade for example, has to gear towards offensive stats to capitalize on his toolkit and killing potential, meaning sacrificing defensives for offensive stats.
Valkyrie gets rewarded for gearing towards survivability both in offense, defense, and in healing.
This makes her very tanky, and one of the last pieces (Chess King reference) to fall in most cases and as discussed her damage is very high in return for stacking HP. This in turn makes her consistent in terms of performance as she’s not knocked out in the first few rounds.
With proper HP stacking gear, she can reach above 8 million combat auraless HP and beyond 10 million with aura of your choice.
Her base Speed of 1147, decent as is. If you obtained the Ranger Set, you’ll have additional 20 Speed (explained in Gear Section). As she is not a Crowd Control (CC) based hero, she doesn’t really need to stack speed and all the CC heroes will outspeed her no matter what her base speed is.
Her base Attack of 24426, is pretty standard for Rangers. Her attack value affects her self-heal when she’s hit by a CC effect and her Active and Basic attack. Her attack is not of high importance as discussed in her Active/Passive Skill explained below!
Active and Passives Skills in Detail
Her Passive Skill Gives Max HP!
Her second passive increase Valkyrie’s max health by 35% and attack by 25%, which are multiplicative, meaning separate multiplier to boost her stats.
That is why she scales so well in combat.
Also, she’s the ONLY hero that says “increase max health.” Whether it’s intentional or flavor-text, what YOU need to know is that she’ll have one of the highest HP in the game.
This means that the more HP she gains as the game ages with possibly better Gear Sets, Stone, and Enabling, she’ll gain more damage, defensives, and HEALING through the E3 passive heal, which heals based off her missing HP.
Also, Deer pet will heal her insane amounts as it’s a percent based healing. This girl can take a lot of beating, no pun intended.
An E3 Valkyrie equipped with her Skin, parts of the Ranger Set (explained in Gear Section below), and correct Stone and Artifact will have over 10 MILLION HP with an Aura (varies on Aura).
Don’t let the 5.3-5.6 million HP you see on the game’s character sheet confuse or trick you into believing that’s all she’s got.
A good and easy way to test this is by: Her active, basic, and her last passive triggers a DoT, which is based off her MAX HP in combat.
No matter how much damage she has taken to lower her total HP, the DoT damage will be the same until they introduce heroes that reduce heroes’ max HP like there are heroes that reduce and steal attack.
Her Sources of Damage
Can’t have a hero guide or any guide without Zeal’s Math!
In Round 1, if Valkyrie does a basic attack, her basic attack will leave a DoT which will tick after the round is over (at the START of the next round so Round 2), her DoT will tick and then any Healing over Time (HoT) will heal after the DoT. The next round begins with heroes attacking as per usual.
A 600,000 DoT damage from her basic attack (remember though that DoT damage can and will be combined with other heroes’ DoTs like Valentino’s Overload damage), means she has 10,000,000 HP in combat, since 6% of her Max HP is 600,000.
Now, her Active and Basic attacks’ DoT lasts one round.
However, her last passive DoT from being CC’d hits 3 random enemy heroes and heals her doing direct damage and healing. Then again after round finishes. Which means 1 CC landing on her equals her doing a basic attack. So, at 10 million HP, one CC landing on her means she does 1.8 million unmitigated damage.
This is why she’s so consistent as she’ll always deal damage whether in or out of CC, of course in a perfect world situation she deals more damage if she’s not hit by CC.
Also, Valkyrie’s Active and Basic attacks help her in staying alive!
Her Active has an Attack Steal on 3 enemies she randomly hits with her Active, which effect lasts for 3 Rounds and the buff stacks additively. Her Basic has an Attack reduce by 12% for 1 Round. So when she’s healthily not in CC and doing her Basics and Actives, she’s consistently reducing/stealing attack, which helps her survivability in not being bursted down and the attack steal boosts her heals when CC lands on her to trigger her last passive.
You definitely want to be using HP/+Health Stone. The +Health is the best stat you can get due to that +Health stat being used for multiple multipliers.
The Stone alone will give you a huge boost, over a million alone just from the stone.
Since Attack stat isn’t top priority, you don’t need the armor set pieces other than the (2/4) piece set bonus, which nets the most HP.
If you have Ranger Set, you want to use Ranger Boots + Ranger Armor and the rest 2 piece 6* Thorny Flame Suit Set. This will net the most HP.
If you don’t have Ranger Set, you want to use Thorny Flame Suit Boots + Armor for 2 piece 6* bonus and Glory Suit Weapon + Accessory for 2 piece 5* bonus.
The absolute best artifact for Valkyrie is Rune’s Power, which is an exclusive orange artifact.
The red exclusive artifact version is Oak’s Heart.
If you don’t have either of those, opt for Fearless Armor or any other HP artifacts.
Her best companion is Deer by far.
The healing from Deer is percent based so she heals a ton and Deer’s armor boost and attack boost will help her in surviving into later rounds.
Valkyrie scales incredibly well with Auras. She doesn’t need one, but she shines with an aura. The best aura she fits in the current meta is Rainbow Aura.
Rainbow can assist in supporting her and her teammates since there’s a healthy combination of CC/burst/sustain damage/sustain healing/and most importantly tankiness from the Rainbow Aura, as well as Attack Reduction/Steal.
I recommend using Valkyrie complimented by Mihm, which is a very deadly combo currently. However, just like Thanos getting more power with each possession of Infinity Stones, her power explodes with heroes like Skerei (Attack Steal), Valentino (Added end of the round damage from Overload), Xia (Attack Reduce) and kill potential for Mihm’s passive, Jahra (Attack Steal), Belrain for added healing and overall team sustainability into longer rounds.
Even without her damage being boosted by Weaken Debuffs. She excels against multiple targets in PvE.
She’s not the best anymore post nerf, but she’s definitely strong in most Guild Bosses due to her tankiness and sustain damage.
She’s very potent in Tower of Oblivion as well and will guarantee a spot in Hell Aspen at E3. Even E1-E2 is strong in Aspen. She’s a main ingredient in pushing past earlier-mid stages in Hell Aspen.
Overall Impression and Tier List Placement
As of August/September 2018, even post nerf, she’s insanely powerful in PVP and PVE. She’s definitely higher than Mihm currently due to the Aura shift away into Rainbow being dominant and so well-rounded and consistent.
Invest in her, she’s definitely a must grab!